Spiritual Ear Audio
Spiritual Ear has been dedicated to making PURE ACIM study tools available since 2004.
Most of the products are audio and all are read for you by Andrew Allansmith a professional voice who is a student, teacher and devotee of A Course In Miracles for over 18 years.
Spiritual Ear was established to make a more usable A Course In Miracles audio. A new recording of the book has resulted with the following improvements:
- Lively conversational reading to help the listener stay engaged.
- Carefully placed pauses before and after significant statements such as: "For fear is a call for love in unconscious recognition of what has been denied." (T12-I-8:9)
- Touches of music to distinguish section changes and highlight italicized and intented paragraphs such as "I am here only to be truly helpful...." (T2-V-18-8:2)
- Occasional pronoun to noun clarifications. To keep the listener from getting lost on which "it" or "he" is being discussed. See Pure ACIM below.
- Demarcation of capitalized words such as self versus Self by reading as"True Self." These distinctions are critical in many passages and translate the book from visual into audio form. See Pure ACIM below for more on this.
The recordings of the A Course In Miracles from Spiritual Ear are intended to
carry the exact meaning of the book in a lively and usable manner. Wherever practical,
the exact words are presented with no more and no less. The
exception is where the material has a string of pronouns (he, it, they,
etc.) and the meaning of "it" can be easily confused or lost since a listener cannot refer to the book.
Spiritual Ear inserts the appropriate noun from the page such as "Holy Spirit, your brother,
God, the miracle, etc." in place of "It, he, He, it, etc." In some instances of capitalization,
such as "Mind," it is read as "true Mind." The clarifications are rare, usually single word, and very, very, minimal. Accuracy is based on over 18 years of studying and teaching the material and to be more careful, we used the opinion
of other senior students and teachers and contacted FACIM the Foundation for A Course In Miracles
(Ken Wapnick's organization) where needed for clarification.
Use of Music
This audio uses very little music, only seconds of classical piano underneath the chapter and section titles. Additionally, Spiritual Ear adds soft harp music where the Course has indented paragraphs printed in italics, to highlight these beautiful prayers.
- I wanted to thank you again for the exquisite, skilled reading of A Course In Miracles. It becomes very clear, listening to your emphases, that Jesus has presented himself (in ACIM) as a rabbi who is discussing truths we need in order to understand what he was teaching us to understand. You feel the human, loving you, beaming at you with a huge smile on his face, or an intense, earnest look as he explains his thinking, nurturing you, encouraging you to make a new choice, as you listen. It is astounding, how well you have portrayed and have communicated this through your spoken words. I appreciate it so much, and it keeps me eager for the next sentence, the next topic, to become the person that He sees me as.
Mary, Houston Texas
- I enjoyed the cds very much and think others will also. Andrew has a wonderfully soothing voice and manner. It would be helpful especially for those beginning the course to sort things out and (we are all beginning hehehe).
Ellen F. Florida
- Thank you for sending me the Course CDs. I am much more of a visual learner than an oral one and the original recording of the Course has never shown me very much. The reader just seems to want to get through, but (Spiritual Ear's) recording is much warmer and easier to listen to. The music between the sections is a very nice touch.
Sara W, Houston Texas